Thursday, July 18, 2013

TdF Catch-up Through Stage 18

While I was off having my own little bike adventure (I may sum that up at a later date), the Tour de France went on.  And I was pretty much able to catch all the details.  Here, in no particular order, are my thoughts, revelations, and summaries of the last few stages.
1) Chris Froome is still a badass
   Amendment 1: Team Sky is a bunch of cheaters.  They have twice gotten food for Froome within the no-feed zone from the finish.  I appreciate their ahead-of-its-time, no-tolerance policy regarding performance enhancing drugs, but that doesn't give them carte blanche to abuse the other rules.  The sad part is, it doesn't even matter to him because he has such a lead.  Le sigh.
  Amendment 2: When Richie Porte dropped back and got illegal food for Froome, it was Porte that served the punishment.  Lame.
2) Tejay found some legs.  Sadly he didn't last all the way to the top of D'Huez, but his top-10 TT and 2nd place on the Alpe showed some form.  Good for him.
3) Contador is impressing me just in that he hasn't conceded.  He keeps trying to find a chink in Froome's armor.  Sadly, there is none.
4) I hate that I enjoy watching one of these guys blow up.  It's so amazing that when these fine-tuned cycling machines hit the wall, all of sudden they can barely move the pedals.  They ride such a fine line.
5) Time to catch up on True Blood.  2 more stages!

2 comments: