Thursday, July 11, 2013

Stage 12: Kittel the World

What the what?  It's not like Marcel Kittel was an unknown sprinter or anything, but I think there would be few people outside of Ma and Pa Kittel who would have bet on him winning 3 stages in this year's tour.  Matching the wins by Cav, Greip, and Sag combined (I thought they all needed 1 syllable nicknames).  I'm done making excuses for him, too.  Sure, it was another finish that wasn't clean, but you know what?  He's the constant survivor.  He's the one that's gotten through the mess and put himself in position to win.  3 times.  And today over the Manxman himself, Mark Cavendish.
Congrats Marcel.  And congrats Ma and Pa Kittel for going with the name "Marcel".  It's cool.
Another photo finish (letour.fr)
Rider update:
I am usually writing this in a hurry, because for some reason I don't get paid for this, so I forgot a couple notes from yesterday:
1) Why is Andy Schleck SO BAD at time trials?  Even when he was in top form, he lost the TdF on a TT to Cadel.  I don't get it.  And with the latest breed of top cyclists excelling at the TT, that's just minutes to lose.
2) Where did Tejay go?  I thought he was back in it again (he keeps teasing me) when he came through the first TT time check in 2nd.  And then he slipped down, down, down.  I really hope he's back in form for the Pro Challenge later this summer in CO...

Parting Thought: Here's some things I think are awesome to go check out: Chance's End music, and Rumblin Buffalo's CU sports blog

No comments:

Post a Comment